Welcome to Food Matters Careers. The new careers hub will be a place to not only showcase the many different career opportunities in this sector at a time when building a sustainable future for food, health and nutrition has never been more important, but also help to forge long lasting connections between industry, academia and those seeking opportunities in the food and nutrition sectors.
From food science and technology, nutrition and dietetics, innovation and NPD to sustainable supply chain management, packaging design, creative marketing and strategic branding, the hub will provide a wealth of information and a place where industry can connect directly with academia and future employees.
Over the coming weeks this hub will evolve to include some of the following features:
- Virtual 1-2-1 meetings between industry, academia and candidates, industry job vacancies, roundtables, live events and webinars via the Food Matters Careers portal
- Industry experts sharing case studies of their careers – from entry level to senior management
- Resources for young people to access with regards to different disciplines– food science and technology, nutrition, dietetics, sustainability, supply chain, packaging, marketing and branding and softer skills
- Podcasts, videos, articles and ongoing insights from across the global food and drink industry
The Food Matters Careers Portal is now open for registration
Welcome to the Food Matters Careers meeting and event portal, part of the wider Food Matters Careers Hub. We hope that this community will not just celebrate and showcase the many rewarding careers on offer in food and nutrition but also facilitate strong connections between industry and universities and colleges as well as directly with future employees.
Benefits of registering on the portal include:
- The opportunity for industry to connect with academia and candidates through virtual 1-2-1 meetings
- Key vacancies from industry
- Host your own profile, see other member profiles and benefit from the virtual events that will take place throughout the year providing access to webinars, roundtables and the opportunity to participate in 1-2-1 meetings with other members
Details of the new Food Matters Careers events will be coming soon.
We are pleased to confirm that students and recent graduates (students who graduated after January 2019) receive free access to the portal for 12 months.
What is the scope of the challenge, and how can academia and business come together to solve the food careers skills shortage?
In the Table Talk Podcast a panel including Food and Drink Federation Scotland, IFSTAL, and the University of Nottingham take a look at why the food industry has a perception problem when it comes to recruiting the brightest young talent, and how connections could be made to challenge that and make a real difference.
Meet some of the leading experts working across the food and nutraceutical industries – from their insights on future trends to how their businesses respond to market needs.
Dr Kaly Chatakondu, Commercial Director, Food Ingredients, AAK International – a global oil technology company discusses market trends and how AAK helps food manufacturers find new solutions.
Inderpal Saraw, Managing Director, i-ingredients Ltd talks about how his industry is innovating to meet rising consumer trends from alternative ingredients to sustainable packaging and how this sector is becoming increasingly exciting.
Carole Bingley, Principal Scientist at Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) talks about some of the trends that they are seeing coming through the market and how RSSL respond to them.
Jamie Crummie, Co-Founder, Too Good To Go talks about their bold mission to work with food retailers and foodservice to tackle food waste and explains how his initiative helps business save waste and cost.
Listen to some of the Food Matters podcast series to learn more industry insights
- How ingredients companies define and deliver food trends?
- Will we achieve a plastic-free future?
- From lab-grown meat to food waste apps: who are the innovators redefining food?
- How can we feed a growing population sustainably?
Contact us if you want to get involved with Food Matters Careers